Coming up in 2013
Early registration is now open for August 2013.
In 2013, the festival will be on Saturday August the 17th. Registrations before December 31, 2012 will get last year’s rate of $65 for the full day. On January 1, 2013 the rate goes up to $80. Still a fabulous deal, considering that the fee covers a full day of author panels, readings, discussions, a coffee and muffin breakfast, full lunch (including church lady pie!) and our famous church supper.
The 2013 Grant Allen award for contributions to Canadian crime and mystery writing goes to Andrew Pyper, author of LOST GIRLS, THE GUARDIANS, and THE DEMONOLGIST. Andrew’s psychologically intense, and often frightening, fiction is perfectly complemented by our guest authors:
- Ian Hamilton, author of the award-winning Anna Lee series
- Janet Bolin, author of the delightfully cozy Threadville series
- Linda Wiken (aka Erika Chase) a members of last year’s Grant Allen winners, the Ladies Killing Circle, and author of the Asthon Corners Book Club Mysteries
- Gloria Ferris, whose first novel Cheat the Hangman, won the 2012 Bony Blythe Award for favourite light mystery
- Guest lecture by Paul Schliesmann, author of Honour on Trial; The Shafia Murders and the Culture of Honour Killings
This year, prominent author Barbara Fradkin will lead the optional morning workshop. “Thrills, chills and laughter: essentials of the mystery sub-genres”
NOTE: the workshop is an additional charge. Register now and get last year’s cost of $30 ($25 in conjunction with the full registration.)
Join us for a day on bucolic Wolfe Island for author readings, a panel discussion, meet and greet breakfast, lunch, and our famous church supper as well as the award presentation and a guest lecturer on matters criminal.